Can we just be done with the Occupy movement now?
It’s a failed movement.
Explain to me how this movement has died? Many Americans are just learning about it. They’re starting to listen. Protests don’t create instant change. They show the importance of a message. If you have issue with that message, do something better. Killing occupy, is like quitting your job before finding another. What’s your better idea? I’m interested.
Because the point has been lost, it’s just a political tool now. The Occup Movement down here is full of Paulbots. Just because people are just now hearing about, doesn’t mean it’s succeceding. Anyone wish to add more?
The movement was fundamentally flawed, having left race/gender discussions separate from class discussion, despite the fact that (in this country, at least) you can’t have a discussion about class without including race and gender.
And along with being fundamentally flawed, it continued to be adamantly flawed in these areas when these issues were brought up.
Also what Matt said.
Am I the only person out there really uncomfortable with how OWS absorbed the Million Hoodies March tonight? Watching the livestream, I keep hearing people chanting the Occupy slogan and waving around yellow Occupy banners. It’s not about them, and a lot of them don’t seem to get that.
Also, heads up, there are supposed to be mass arrests in Union Square soon. NYPD’s blocked the whole thing off.
- savethekirbys reblogged this from socialistexan and added:
- horribly likes this
- wickedkunt reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- queenabaddon reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- soiledphotos likes this
- nowaverave likes this
- maryisveryopinionated reblogged this from madamedevideoland and added:
- bobbarob reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- emilyandthemagicalmouse reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- ilikemygrungelikeilikemysteak likes this
- boychic likes this
- grobbins likes this
- mochente reblogged this from arnoldsnarb
- adeki reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- madamedevideoland reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- vinegarwilliams likes this
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from orbitingasupernova
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- patchesthegreat reblogged this from socialistexan and added:
- lachatteferoce reblogged this from socialistexan and added:
- semanthics likes this
- superawesomelnk reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- elderpricette reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- sarkozywasthere reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- politicalnighties likes this
- sarkozywasthere likes this
- hellbender-batfalcon reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- pixarecca reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- orbitingasupernova reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- so-treu likes this
- weathered-ground likes this
- vegetable likes this
- makhbro likes this
- ireland-is-not-uk said: seems like an awfully blanket statement
- hedwigrobinson likes this
- saltfight likes this
- philosophy-of-praxis said: What’s it done now? I went for a poo.
- lasabrjotur likes this
- themindislimitless likes this
- disciplesofmalcolm likes this
- illumin8d likes this