see? meeting my dad wasn’t so bad!
“…right. Easy peasy.”
So at first I was like, I am ditching this ship.
Because really, oh well, Masami isn’t canon and Mako needed to break up with Asami. But then I started thinking about it and I’ve decided that’s bs.
I liked their sweetness, I liked their dorkiness, I liked what they could have stood for, I liked that Asami was so trusting, I liked that Mako was smitten from the get go, I liked that they had things in common and connected so easily regardless of their bending capabilities, I liked that Mako felt inferior when Hiroshi called him out on his poverty twice but that never was an issue for Asami, I liked that when push came to shove, Mako stood by Asami and Asami did the same.
I liked that their relationship—aside from that plot mandated kiss mess—was good and healthy and they were happy, I loved that Mako and Asami could have supported each other liked they had from the get go, no questions asked.
I loved their potential.
And I hate that he suddenly decided he loved Korra because it was plot convenient, because Bryke didn’t know how to handle the love triangle, I hate that now I have to settle for subpar Makorra when it could have been great, and I hate that I have to settle for a poorly developed Mako, and Asami getting the short end of the emotional stick. I hate that the fandom and Bryke refused to give these two a chance, so blinded for the Makorra ship.
So yeah. I am shipping Masami, the least popular pairing in atlab because it really was great, and haters can say what they want. It had the potential to be beautiful, the relationship could have echoed the war, the sentiment of benders and non-benders. It could have been bittersweet because Asami is an orphan now too (emotionally speaking), and Mako knows the hardships of fending the world alone. It could have exemplified that despite emotional hiccups, relationships are hard and working through those hardships are what make a relationship satisfying, what makes them work.
But it was trampled for the same old formula of pairing up the male and female protagonists, and that’s fucking tragic.
- chestnutrice-and-kamehameha likes this
- kittyxlover likes this
- korra-sensation-domination reblogged this from heartcogs and added:
- interramirabili likes this
- miss-madeline-c reblogged this from jumejii
- heartcogs reblogged this from jumejii
- katrinacae14 likes this
- lostinlaraland reblogged this from chickahdee
- risettochan reblogged this from chickahdee
- chickahdee reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- jaidskywalker reblogged this from masterarrowhead and added:
- sararazayzay reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- zeldass likes this
- monochromememory reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- desuxinfinity likes this
- idkmybff-gill reblogged this from forever-alauren
- idkmybff-gill likes this
- ijesstyounot reblogged this from chocolatemarsmallow
- forever-alauren reblogged this from masterarrowhead and added:
- forever-alauren likes this
- chocolatemarsmallow reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- chocolatemarsmallow likes this
- xsharllot likes this
- siofrafiore reblogged this from putsch
- silverteahouse likes this
- nyotauhurra likes this
- nutellan00b reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- nutellan00b likes this
- werewolfmind reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- agrumpybunny reblogged this from actinoutloud
- arachnidstardis reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- alysalt reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- firesageshyu reblogged this from triplethreattriplets
- triplethreattriplets reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- stephalefagus likes this
- oprahswifi reblogged this from gasoline---rainbow
- nasctha-deo likes this
- staccatolyric likes this
- actinoutloud reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- laupoisan likes this
- gasoline---rainbow reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- ahrrow likes this
- cinemagic likes this
- ask-teenyjinora likes this
- cristalphantom likes this
- ghostfrogaradia reblogged this from masterarrowhead
- jasontoddhasdaddyissues likes this
- suohkun reblogged this from vgvoca
- asamisatos likes this