So some of my friends and I are having a minor internet crisis! We have a roleplay group that meets about once a week, and lately we’ve been having issues with our chatroom. Not only does it only let one person have three chat tabs open at a time, which makes it hard to bring in random one-shots like shopkeepers and soldiers, but two of our members are constantly kicked out of the room because it doesn’t like their internet connection and they don’t get to play as often as they like. What I’d like to know is, do any of you know about an alternative room we can use? Our current provider is everywherechat.
Basically, we need a chat provider that:
- Allows at least three tabs per connection and preferably four or more, and at least fifteen total users allowed in the room, ideally twenty or more. (So we could have seven people each with at least two or more tabs. It’s a fairly large group.)
- Lets you copy and paste the contents of the chat, or some other easy method of saving it.
- Lets you change your name (so instead of entering as, say, birdbrainblue and always having to chat under that name, I could enter as my character’s name. It also lets us have names like Character_Streets and Character_Marketplace, so we can immediately see who’s where if it gets chaotic and change them in-chat as the character’s location changes.)
- Allows you to appoint admins who can kick spammers from the room.
- Things we’ve gotten used to but don’t necessarily need include the ability to change your text color so every room member can use a different one, the ability to register and password-protect a certain name, and action tags, where if you start your post with “/me” it becomes “Character does an action” instead of “Character: does an action”.
Thanks for the help, guys!
Oh, and hey, if any of you think you might want to join us, feel free to message me about it! It’s an Avatar: The Last Airbender roleplay with an… unusual approach, and we welcome OCs. :3